Ever heard of the ‘dream life number’?
Very simply, it’s the amount of money you need to earn to live your dream life.
I sat down and calculated this myself, and let’s just say…
…I was pretty extravagant with some of the estimates. For example, I budgeted $1,000 per month on clothes, when most months my clothes budget is…erm…zero.
Even after all that, I still only got up to 20k a month. And that’s spending money like crazy. Or at least what I consider crazy. Admittedly, if you want a private jet you might need a little more.
So how do you get that $20k a month? You could…
- Get a job which pays you a quarter of a million a year. Not the easiest proposition. Unless you’re already at CEO level, or you have a specialist skill which allows you to contract for $1000/day.
- Create and publish a $47 ebook which teaches people something useful. Sell 426 units per month. This of course doesn’t account for advertising costs.
- Do the same, but also offer a $199 upsell. If 20% of customers take the upsell, that’s an extra $39.80 per customer – meaning each customer is now effectively worth $86.80. Now you only need to sell 231 units to make your 20k.
- Create a $97 course with a $299 upsell. I actually bought an iphone photography video course recently which did exactly this. If we again assume 20% of customers take the upsell, that makes each customer worth $156.80. Now you only need 128 customers.
- Create a transformational high ticket program and charge $5-10k. Sell 1 of these per week.
- Some mixture of the above where you sell the low ticket programs AND the high ticket ones too. This sounds great in theory, but you run the risk of confusing your customers with all the different options. Even worse, there’s a real chance you’ll get customers who would have bought the high ticket program but end up playing it safe and going for the cheap option.
There’s no right or wrong here. Each of these options has its own pros and cons.
But you have to work out which suits you best. Personally, I’d rather only have to make 4 sales per month than 426. But you might be different.
I know a lot of folks are currently trying to sell high ticket courses and only getting mediocre success. Some days you probably wonder ‘is anybody interested in what I’m doing or is it all a waste of time?’
I’ve felt like that on numerous occasions in the past and it took me a long time to figure out my system before it all clicked into place.
I currently spend zero in ads. Don’t work many hours. Enjoy a very cushy life with my wife Alice, our 2 cats ? ? and tortoise Wilson ?.
How do I do this? Well, the process is ridiculously simple and you can read all about it on my Ecosystem page.